Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Is it inevitable?

What the hell does this mean?

Both sides of the seat stay wishbone junction. Is it cracked? Weakened? Just paint?

Is it inevitable that my On One will suffer the same fate of every other one in the region?
What think ye?
Damn the torpedoes. Keep riding it?
o
r
Abandon like a rat and scuttle a possibly sinking ship?

9 comments:

Scot said...

That looks like a nice spot for a home made Moots YBB suspension type dealy. Nothing you can't learn how to do on the trusted internet. At least when you're finished, no one will make fun of the Thudbuster anymore! Is the Kona broke too? Whatever happened to that newly aquired creek it had in VT?

brett said...

i don't remember anyone making fun of the thudbuster...at least not to me. the kona remains undiagnosed and continually, noisily, ridden.

Scot said...

Oh wait, I made fun of Donnie when he had a Thudbuster on his singlespeed. So much, he put an argyle sock over it! His doctor gave him greif about riding a hard tail...but I didn't care, cuz I'm an ass. I figured I treated all Thudbuster owners the same because fashion is definitely a priority over function! As for what to do, I'd vote for safety and hang the thing on the wall.

Todd said...

That thing is broken! Never seen one break there though. Darius has been having a tough time trying to warranty his Inbred. Apparently there are no US distributors at this time. Sucks....

brett said...

I steer from the back tire alot. Don't know if that adds more stress to that area or not or if it even applies.

Scot said...

Although I think this belongs on the MBM site, please continue your trail work prior to the PAMTB summit. I hope your cutter gets rid of all the rocks on those Micheaux trails I hear about(you only mentioned weeds,wood, meat, etc). Also, if you can't get rid of the logs, please ramp both the front and the backsides of them. And, smooth out the peak at the top of the ramps, just to be sure. I'm not bringing my bike down there just to break it.

brett said...

I sent the pics to On One. Their response:
"Hi, first of all it would be easier to tell if it is a crack if your bike was clean. second, that looks like a crack in the frame to me.

you WILL die if you continue to ride that frame."

Scot said...

Will they help? Or, did all that dirt on the paint void the warranty?

brett said...

warranty is 2 years. it lasted longer than that.